Thursday, February 1, 2007

April 2006 Deep Insights

WHAT IF.

When April ends and we review others’ performance, we look into a mirror and review our performance; holding ourselves accountable for a clear understanding of complex situations facing personnel and their team members.

Have I kept commitments to provide coaching, information, time, research, resources, training and development to people? Am I building opportunities for development, do I provide boundaries so people don’t fail? Have I assigned mentors to assist in building knowledge where experience is lacking? Do I challenge personnel with new knowledge? Have I provided resources in time for execution? Do I spend time building structures, providing learning for bench strength and succession planning?

Have I insisted on goal review meetings with metrics in place, are results transparent, do personnel understand interventions will occur when goals are not met? Do I interact with all people encouraging their contributions; have I removed roadblocks for people to make contributions? Do I focus people on “there,” knowing they will bring inspiration back to “here”? Have I encouraged creativity, do I recognize people who demonstrate creativity and take initiative? Have I studied my industry, competition and other industries to find alternatives challenging our status quo? Do I anticipate needs for the future encouraging people to accept a challenge? Have I nudged people, improving their life, helping them recognize they can fly faster and further than they ever thought possible?

What if I accepted a role of building an environment for others to flourish?
Wouldn’t I fly faster and further than thought possible with them?



Deep Insights
April 2006

No comments: